Work Load and Course Attendance
- All courses as listed are core courses and must be passed to qualify for the degree. Every student is therefore normally required to attend all tuition programmes and must register a minimum of 70% attendance in order to qualify to sit for scheduled examinations. The student must be signed up by the Department to indicate his/her having satisfied this requirement, and any student who fails to meet this condition is considered to have failed the scheduled examination in the course(s).
- A student may be absent from scheduled programmes:
- if the student’s request is supported by an approved medical certificate on grounds of illness of thestudent;
- if permission has been granted in writing by a Head of Department in emergency, for not more than one day only; the office of the Dean must be informed immediately or during the next working day;
- if prior permission of the Dean has been obtained in writing.